USE OF THE WEBSITE
All contents of this website are: Copyright © The House of Chamorros Organization, 2159 Pan American W Rd, San Diego, CA 92101.
LICENSES AND RESTRICTIONS
This website is owned and operated by the House of Chamorros Organization (“HOC”, “we”, “us”, or a similar term). We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the website, or any service or material provided on the website, in our sole discretion without notice. The HOC will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
All material found on this website (including visuals, text, icons, displays, media, and general information) is owned or licensed by us. You may view, download, and print material from this website only for your personal, noncommercial use, unless otherwise indicated. In addition to the foregoing, unless otherwise indicated, content may be viewed, downloaded, or reproduced by media personnel for use in traditional public news media. Any other use of information or materials found on this website, including any use by organizations or legal entities, is not permitted without our prior written permission. (See “Trademarks” below.) You may not post material from this website to another website or on a computer network without our permission. You may not transmit or distribute material from this website to other websites. You may not use this website or the information found on this website to sell or promote products or services, solicit clients, or for any other commercial purpose.
APPLICABLE LAWS & USER CONDUCT
As a visitor of houseofchamorros.org, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state, or local laws, including, but not limited to, areas such as libel, slander, indecency, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, obscenity, indecency, and copyright infringement.
You warrant and represent that you are legally entitled to use this website, and you agree to use this website for lawful purposes. You agree to follow any policies made available to you within our website and services. You agree that you will not individually, or as part of any collective effort, submit or post information to this website that could be deemed harmful or offensive to other users, nor will you impersonate another user in order to hide your identity or implicate another in such actions. You agree that you will not do anything that might disrupt the flow of data to and from this website, impact the service or performance of this website, compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others, circumvent any of the controls or usage rules that we have implemented, or otherwise cause damage to the website or its content. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. You understand that the result of harmful or offensive actions may include revocation of your right to use this website (including your right to use any materials from this website) and legal action against you.
Information on this Website includes intellectual property that is protected under copyright, and other intellectual copyright laws of the United States. These applicable laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of all text; photographic and graphic images; music, sound, and video samples; and other protected materials. Violation of applicable Intellectual Property laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The use of houseofchamorros.org is at the discretion of the user. Under no circumstances shall the HOC, its officers, employees, members, or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that may result from the use of, or the inability to use, HOC materials, including those consisting of this website. You specifically acknowledge and agree that the HOC is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any HOC material, or with any of HOC’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using or visiting houseofchamorros.org.
Pages within this website may contain links and pointers to other Internet websites that are maintained by third parties and are not under the control of the HOC. Accordingly, the HOC makes no representation or endorsement concerning the content of any third-party Web site, which you shall review “as is” and use at your own discretion.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold HOC and its partners and affiliates, and its and their respective directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of the website, your violation of this Agreement, or your posting or transmission of any materials on or through the website.
TERMINATION OF USAGE
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, and without notice, to terminate, suspend, or limit use of this website, including the reproduction or any other use of any materials available through this website. Such termination, suspension, or limitation of access may occur for any reason in our sole discretion, including for any conduct that violates this Agreement, violates an applicable law, or is harmful to the interests of the public, another user, customer, recipient, licensor, content or service provider, or the HOC, its corporate partners, or affiliates.
PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
Some of our websites provide the ability to create a user account – E.G. Volunteer or Membership Functionalities. By creating an account, you agree that you are 13 years or older and are not barred from using the website or our services under applicable law. When creating an account, you may be required to provide certain personal information about yourself and must establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself when creating an account.
When creating an account, you agree not to:
- Provide any false personal information to us (including a false username) or create an account for anyone other than yourself without such other person’s permission;
- Use a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate, exploit, or harm that person;
- Use a username that is subject to the rights of another person without appropriate authorization;
- Use a username that is offensive, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise in bad taste; or
- Register more than one account with the purpose of creating a “dummy” account. We may decide in our sole discretion that the account in question is a “dummy” account and terminate the account.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time for any or no reason.
If in our sole discretion, we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement we will suspend or terminate your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You, not the HOC, are fully responsible for activities that occur on or through your account, including the legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness of your account activities.
SPECIFIC PROHIBITED USES
The website may contain message boards, chat areas, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, or other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons content or materials on or through the website. You are responsible for your own communications, including uploading, transmitting, and posting information, and you are responsible for the consequences of your posting on or through the website. You agree not to use the website in any of the following ways:
- Posting and/or submitting any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate, or not your own;
- Impersonating another person or allowing any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments;
- Engaging in or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, or international law or regulation or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol;
- Posting and/or submitting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
- Posting and/or submitting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Posting and/or submitting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights of another;
- Engaging in any conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the website, or which, as determined in our sole discretion, may harm the HOC or users of the website or expose them to liability;
- Transmitting or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the website to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of U.S. export control laws; and
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the website or the HOC’s networks or network security, or attempting to use the website’s service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any user who is involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation, the following:
- Accessing data not intended for your use or logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; and
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including and without limitation, submitting a virus to the website, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing”, “crashing”, or sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or the advertising of products or services.
The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this site are registered and unregistered trademarks of the HOC. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of the HOC. To request permission for use of copyrighted material or trademarks please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS AT THIS WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Occasionally there may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to memberships, volunteer opportunities, product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, events, or hours of operation. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information if any information on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice.
The failure of the HOC to exercise or enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
CONFLICT OF TERMS
If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of this Agreement and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies, or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies, or notices that relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall not be affected, unless we determine that the invalid or unenforceable provision is an essential term to the Agreement, in which case we may at our sole discretion amend this Agreement.